Best of ColourPop Wild Nothing Collection

The new ColourPop Wild Nothing Collection included two new formulas–Creme Shadows and Lux Lip Oils–along with a new, eyeshadow palette, three powder blushes (in new, plastic compacts), and two cream eyeshadows.

I struggled to get the new Creme Shadow formula to work for me but, ultimately, I didn’t find a method that made it work well on my mobile lid but could get it to look decent above my crease (around my brow bone). I know some readers were hoping for something comparable to MAC Paint Pots, but they definitely felt a lot drier and heavier to me than Paint Pots (and obviously didn’t perform anywhere near the same). I’m really looking forward to hearing from readers on how they find the formula to be.

The new Lux Lip Oils are comfortable, hydrating, and non-sticky, but they’re sheer (as intended!), so they’re the kind of product that tends to look more similar applied than they initially appear in the tubes–that’s code for “you don’t need them all!” The two Jelly Much Shadows are fun, sparkly top coat kind of products, which meant they were sheerer than described and that brought the rating down, but if you’re someone who’s in the market for something sparkly and sheer, they could fit the bill.

The best products in the collection were the blushes, though I struggle to understand why ColourPop doesn’t see fit to bring out deeper blushes; it’s been an issue with a lot of the blush and bronzer shades released in various collections. It’s just painfully obvious in this launch where there’s very clearly space for at least one to be deliberately deeper and richer for darker skin tones. The palette has similar issues, as it was very light-leaning, though as someone who is lighter, I felt like it lacked contrast in a general sense that made it harder for me to wear.

Still have to work this kink out in the format to output the shades IN the palette at the end, so here’s a manual version for now 🙂

ColourPop Wild Nothing Palette



source https://www.temptalia.com/best-of-colourpop-wild-nothing-collection/

Comments

Popular Posts